- General Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS - Rome, 13th October 2017
- General Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS - Paris, 23rd November 2007
- General Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS - Athens, 11th and 12th February 2005
- The Constituent Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS Rome, July 13th, 2000
- The 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly
-Omer Bal - Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
-Alaa Ezz - Federation of Egyptian Chamber of Commerce
-Antonio Paoletti - Unioncamere
-Jelena Mesie Tursie - Croatian Chamber of Economy
The Assembly confirmed as Secretary General Luigi Troiani.
Afterwards, the Executivee Committee elected to serve as president, the candidate proposed by the president of Unioncamere, Ivan Lo Bello, in his speech to the assembly: Mr. Antonio Paoletti. The president of Unioncamere confirmed the engagement of the organization for strengthening the relations among the institutions representing the interests of the businesses and/or operating for their interest, considering the Mediterranean as a strategic are for the Italian small and medium enterprises.
The Assembly brought together Presidents of members of the Association and/or their delegates, and was honored by the opening speech of the President of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Mr. Pierre Simon, and the Economic Director for the “Mediterranean Union Project”, France.
The Report of the Executive Board to the Assembly was presented by Mohammed El Masri, the oldest Vice-President by age, who expressed the desire of the southern countries of Euro-Med TDS in improving internal and external trade, distribution and logistics, services, using the experience and know-how of the European Countries.
The report on activities, programs, finance was presented by the Secretary General Luigi Troiani. Participants at the Assembly discussed the following issues:
- The general frame of the relations between the European Union and the Mediterranean region, keeping in mind the target of the Free-trade area of 2010 and the expected consequences of the enlargement of the EU to 27 members including central and eastern Europe countries;
- The “Mediterranean Union Project” of French President Sarkozy;
- Trade and distribution situation in the member countries and in the region, taking into account the Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area expected for 2010;
- Projects for enhancing the level of trade and investments in the area, with the role that Euro-Med TDS could play, taking also into account the projects and programs of the European Union;
- World Chambers Network opportunities for the members;
- The need of setting up appropriate training and education programs for the managers and leaders of the services sector in the Euro-Mediterranean region, acknowledging the report on EuMeSSE, the Euro-Mediterranean School of Services Economics;
- The deployment to the market of the platform emed-B2B.biz resulting from the project emedtds.com, co-financed by the European Union (Eumedis Programme);
- The way to guarantee, in Euro-Med TDS, stable and continuous funding, in particular through the payment of the fees fixed by the Assembly.
- Vote the new membership of Union of San Marino Traders;
- Approve the Closed Budgets 2005 and 2006 and acknowledge the related Independent Audits
- Approve the revised fee system, entering in force from January 1st 2008. Empower the Executive Board to renegotiate outstanding debts of the members for the year 2005, 2006, 2007 on the basis of the approved fees in effect from the year 2008. The outstanding debts of each association and the 2007 fees must be paid by the members before the end of 2007. From 2008 passive and active voting right are operating only if the due fees are paid. The yearly fees have to be paid not later than May 31st of each year.
- Approve the documents presented by the Secretary General as indication for the Activities to be carried on in the coming period (Observatory, Fishery, School of Services Economics, etc.), recommending the Executive Board to handle them without prejudice for the results of the closed budget 2008 and 2009;
- Realize the Decennial Conference, on the basis of the document circulated in the Assembly;
- Cooperate with the Directorate to Fishery of the European Union, for a deeper involvement of the business community in the fisheries programs of the Eu;
- Increase the presence and lobbying at the EU, for funding activities of the association, particularly in investments policies, projects on environment, energy, trade, training and education, etc., relying also upon the offer of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry Delegation in Brussels.
- Mohamed Drissi (Maghreb)
- Mohamed El Masri (Mashriq)
- Cengiz Ersun (North-east)
- Antonio Paoletti (North-west)
- Salvatore Serio (Center).
The Assembly expressed also its gratitude and appreciation to the past president Sergio Billé for creating and then sustaining the association development.
The Assembly expressed its appreciation to the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in the person of President Pierre Simon, his representative Salvatore Serio, and Guy Lavenant, for having the event at Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Final Communiqué
- Report on Activities, Programs, Finance - Secretary General (excerpts)
- President Antonio Paoletti Closing Speech
General Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS - Athens, 11th and 12th February 2005
The General Assembly took place in Athens, on 11th and 12th of February 2005.
The Assembly was organised by the National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce, in cooperation with the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat.
The Assembly brought together Presidents of members of the Association and/or their delegates and was honoured by the greetings of representatives of the Greek government.
The Assembly ratified the new memberships:
- Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- General Union of the Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of the Libya Great Jamahiriya
- Jordan Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of the Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Lebanon.
- Sergio Billè
- Dimitris Dimitriadis
- Slobodan Milosavljevic
- Mohamed El Masry
- Mohamed Drissi
The Assembly recommended the Board to set conditions to realize activities related to:
- Euro-Mediterranean footwear and clothing trade resulting from the end of Multi-fibre agreement and Doha Conference;
- “Equitable and fair” trade;
- Distribution systems in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Fisheries in the Mediterranean;
- Euro Mediterranean Cuisine Festival.
The Constituent Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS Rome, July 13th, 2000
The Constituent Assembly of the Association "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" took place in Rome on July 13th 2000.
The Assembly gave President Billé the opportunity to hand the sculpture representing the Euro-Med Trade Prize 2000 over to Christos Folias, President of Intergroup of Commerce and Distribution in the European Parliament, President of National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce, who was awarded the Prize in Port said on 6 May 2000 for his great contibution to enhancing the Image of trade, distribution and services in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
After having discussed the procedures for approving the By-Laws, the Assembly unanimously approved it. The By-Laws states Euro-Med TDS as a Association with a legal registered status.
Partecipants in the Assembly approved and ratified the Final Declaration of the Constituent Assembly (see the document section).
The 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly The annual Euro-Med TDS Assembly took place in Port Said on 6 May 2000. The Assembly was organised by the Chamber of Commerce of Port Said, in co-operation with the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat, under the patronage of the Honourable Mr. Christopher Patten, member of the European Commission, the Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament. Participants in the event included the leaders of the National business Associations in trade, distribution and services, and leaders of the National Chambers of commerce of the countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, together with representatives of the Egyptian government and representatives from the European Commission and the Portuguese Presidency of the European Union.
Participants agreed the future lines of action of Euro-Med TDS and adopted the measures for establishing the Euro-Med TDS Association.
The Assembly expressed its deep appreciation to the Federation of the Egyptian Chambers of Commerce and to the Port Said Chamber of Commerce for the organisation of the event. A special word of thanks was also due to the Egyptian authorities and to the Governor of Port Said.
The Assembly gave the leaders the opportunity to realise a debate on the issues that the Euro-Med TDS Steering Committee identified as being of strategic importance for the future of the categories represented.
During the first section of the Assembly, participants analysed the theme of the distribution of goods and services in the Euro-Mediterranean region. The second session of the meeting was devoted to the analysis of the euro and its consequences in the Euro-Med distribution and services sectors. The impact of electronic commerce on internal and external trade was the focus of the third section of the Assembly.
The closing session of the 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly was addressed by Mr. Nuno Tavares De Sousa, as the representative of the Portuguese Presidency of the European Union. Speaking on behalf f the Portuguese Presidency of the European Union, Mr. Tavares De Sousa underlined that initiative within the second "volet" of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (economic and financial co-operation), like the Euro-Med TDS Initiative, will continue to be pursued with a view to the progressive creation of an area of peace and prosperity in the region.
- transformation of the "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" into the Association "Euro-Mediterranean Trade, Distribution and Services Initiative, Euro-Med TDS" with legal personality;
- acceptance of the Steering Committee’s invitation to present amendments to the text of the By-Laws received as a draft from the Steering Committee;
- asking the Steering Committee to approve the By-Laws by June 20th, and sent them to the Participants for signature by their respective legal or authorised representatives;
- call the Constituent Assembly of the Association in Rome, on July 13th, 2000. The Assembly also asked the Secretariat to respond the Call for Proposals of the European Commission, named Eumedis.
Executive Board Meetings
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting - Rome - December 20, 2010
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Paris - November 23, 2007
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - December 11, 2006
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - June 7, 2005
- Extraordinary Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Member Organisations Meeting - Athens, Oct 29-30, 2004
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Brussels - June 13, 2003
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Brussels - May 4, 2001
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - July 13, 2000
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Port Said - May 5, 2000
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - December 3, 1999
- Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Port Said - September 16-17, 1999
Participants: Antonio Paoletti, President, Cengiz Ersun, Vice-President, Mohamed Khamisse Drissi, Vice-President, Luigi Troiani, Secretary General.
Board discussed about:
- Membership application of Unioncamere.
- Financial issues.
- Annual membership fees.
- Eumed Tradenet S.r.l. and emed-b2b-.biz.
- TuttoFood 2011;
- Business Global – Euro Med Expo on line;
- General Assembly – Workshop on Euro Med Expo on line;
- Promoting the B2B platform;
- Conference on Migration and Business development.
Mohamed El Masry, Vice-President
Antonio Paoletti, Vice-President
Salvatore Serio, Vice-President
Luigi Troiani, Secretary General
Cengiz Ersun, Vice-President
The Executive Board elects Mr. Antonio Paoletti President of the Executive Board and of Euro-Med TDS. The President accepts the election.
The Board confirms also the decisions taken during the Assembly by the members about financial issue. TOP
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - December 11, 2006
Executive Board Meeting took place in Rome from 10th to11th December 2006 at Confcommercio.
Participants were: Antonio Paoletti, Vice-President, Mohamed El Masry, Vice-President, Mohamed Khanisse Drissi, Vice-President, Luigi Troiani, Secretary General.
The Board dealt with the changes in the Executive Board (EB) composition that have occurred since the last EB meeting. It also underlined the need of calling the Euro-Med TDS General Assembly.
Board discussed and took resolutions on:
- Financial issues.
- Annual membership fees;
- Activities 2005:
- English Summer Programme in Malta;
- V Entrepreneurial Euro-Mediterranean Fishery Conference;
- Euro-Mediterranean Economic Observatory;
- Euro-Mediterranean Free Trade Area Conference: 2nd Euro-Mediterranean Entrepreneurial Partnership.
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - June 7, 2005
The Executive Board Meeting took place in Rome on 7th June 2005 at Confcommercio.
Participants were: Sergio Billè, President of Euro-Med TDS, together with vice-presidents Mohamed El Masry, Drissi Mohamed Khanisse, Slobodan Milosavljevic. Luigi Troiani, Secretary General of Euro-Med TDS was also present.
The Executive Board welcomed the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia as a member of the Euro-Med TDS Initiative.
The Secretary General pointed out the partners’ awareness about the importance of the Emed-tds.com Consortium’s Legal Representative Conference for the future of emed-b2b.biz. The main features analysed by the emed-b2b.biz sustainability study were discussed. The second Session of the Conference was required to be called on the last week of July, as to take the final decision on emed-b2b.biz.
The following activities due in 2005 were approved:
- Next Executive Board Meeting (EBM) will be held in Belgrade, on September 16th 2005.
- Next General Assembly was confirmed in Rome on 6th and 7th April 2006.
- EFI and V Entrepreneurial Euro-Mediterranean Fishery Conference were called in Cairo in November 2005, in cooperation with the Federation of Egyptian Chamber of Commerce and Cairo Chamber of Commerce, aiming at the realization of a trilateral workshop among the Spanish Egyptian and Italian Ministries of Agriculture, with the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat and the Pescara Chamber of Commerce.
- English Summer Programme in Malta; with regard to it, the Maghreb and Machrek members were asked to present a proposal for an Arabic Language Business Course Scheme.
- Concerning the Training Activities, the Secretary General was recommended to set conditions for the organization of two training activities in the period 2005/2006.
- Tangiers Euro-Mediterranean Textile and Apparel Conference.
- Study on EuMeSSE project realization in Tangiers, considering Port Said as an alternative.
- Euro-Mediterranean Cuisine Festival.
Extraordinary Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Member Organisations Meeting - Athens - Oct 29-30, 2004
The Extraordinary Executive Board Member Organisations Meeting took place in Athens at the National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce on 29th and 30th October 2004.
The meeting was chaired by Christos Folias, Board Member and attended by Vice Presidents: Christos Folias, Mohamed El Masry, Luigi Troiani, El Hassane Ousslim, Guy Lavenant, Mrs Zdenka Peternel and Dimitrios Armenakis.
During the meeting, the Extraordinary Executive Board Member Organisations (EEB) discussed and agreed upon the following items:
- The General Assembly. is called in Athens, on February 11th and 12th, 2005. The draft and instructions were fixed by the EEB according to which the Secretary General was recommended to prepare the General Assembly. The participants confirmed the presentation, at the General Assembly, of the admission of the Federation of Jordanian Chambers of Commerce as an associate member.
- Financial report. The EEB recommended the Secretary General to restructure the Euro-Med TDS 2005 budget, specifying four sections: Assembly, Executive Board, Secretariat, Activities and Projects. The EEB agreed the adoption of the annual fees mechanism
- The IV Entrepreneurial Euro-Mediterranean Fisheries Conference, to be called in Malaga the 26th and 27th of November 2004.
- Emed-tds.com project developments. The EEB whished the success of the sustainability study request and remarked Emed-tds.com should be open to all possible kinds of commercial trades.
- The realisation of the Euro-Mediterranean School of Services Economics project. The EEB agreed to propose it to the approval of the General Assembly.
- The Training Course for Start up entrepreneurs in trade and services. The EEB gave the Secretary General the mandate to proceed to its organisation.
- Brainstorming on new Executive Board Members.
- Activation of the new Euro-Med TDS URL. The EEB agreed to activate a new URL of the Euro-Med TDS Association (www.euromedtds.org), separated from that of the emed-tds.com project, (www.emed-tds.com). The EEB asked the Secretary General to request the President to authorise the change. TOP
- the Financial Report prepared by the Secretariat with some specifications. The Vice-Presidents engage themselves to lobby with the Presidents of respective sub-region Members, in order to receive positive vote at the Assembly for the proposed financial proposals. The Board requests the President and the Secretary to visit before the General Assembly key countries and Members to join the efforts of the Vice Presidents of Euro-Med TDS.
- the Action Plan for Fisheries Activities to be realised in 2003.
- the Programme of Euro-Mediterranean Business Women Training Course. The Secretary General was given mandate as Coordinator of the Course. The Eb recommended Mr. Billè to chiar the Opening Session and Mr. El Masry to chair the Closing Session of the Course.
- the Regulations relating to the Euro-Mediterranean Cuisine Festival;
- the work to be done by the “Management and Technical Board Meeting” regarding the emed-tds.com project.
- As for the Observatory on trade and distribution systems in the Mediterranean countries, the Secretariat realised the first step sending a questionnaire for trade and distribution information systems to the members of Euro-Med TDS. The Sc members guaranteed that their questionnaire will be sent back very soon, in order to carry on the pre-feasibility study concerning the Observatory.
- As for the Euro-Med Card project, the pre-feasibility study has been prepared. The Sc approves it, instructing the Secretariat to apply for funding. The Sc appreciates the good work made by the Euro-Med Card Working Group.
- As for the emed-tds.com, a demo version containing a description of all the main elements of the website is shown to the Sc members. The Secretary General is requested to start the fund raising for the project and to send a letter to the members of Euro-Med TDS, inviting them to take part in realising emed-tds.com.
- As for Emse, Euro-Mediterranean School of Economics, the Sc authorises the Secretariat to apply for financial support.
- As for the Euro-Med TDS Conference and Euro-Med TDS Partnership, the Sc agrees to change the word "Conference" into "Assembly". The Sc decides:
- to hold the 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly in Port Said on 6 May 2000;
- to hold the 2000 Euro-Med TDS Partnership in Port Said on 6-7 May 2000. The events, which enjoy the patronage of the European Commission, will be organised by the Port Said Chamber of Commerce in co-operation with the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat.
- As for the Euro-Med Prize, the Sc instructes the Secretary General to start the procedure fixed in the Euro-Med Prize rules in order to award the Prize during the 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly. The Sc calls next meeting in Bruxelles on March 2000.
- As for emed-tds.com, the documents, are approved. The Sc expresses his congratulations through the Secretariat to the emed-tds.com Technical Board for the job done.The project will be presented to the Assembly, through a demo to be shown by the experts of the working group. At the Port Said Conference a decision will be taken about the subscribers of emed-tds.com.
- As for Emse, Euro-Mediterranean School of Economics, the Sc decides that: - the pilote course will be given in English; - the students will come from the South Mediterranean region; - a fee is foreseen for each student. A person from the Sc members will be chairing the Emse Task force.The project will be presented to the Assembly for approval.
- As for the Euro-Med Card project , the Sc decides that the Euro-Med card will rely upon the "circuit" hypotesis and requests the working group to produce a financial analysis related to the first five years round. The Sc expresses his satisfaction for the job done by the Euro-Med card working group.
- Euro-Med Prize project is approved. The project will be presented by the Sc to the Assembly. The Sc decides that a statue will be the Prize Symbol. Three drawings will be presented to the Assembly by the Secretariat.
- As for Port Said Events organisation, the Sc decides: - to fix the date of the Port Said Partnership to 25-26 March 2000; - to introduce in the programme of the 1999 Euro-Med TDS Conference a Foreign Trade and Investment Exibition by Port Said Chamber of Commerce.
- The document concerning an Observatory on distribution systems in the Mediterranean countries, is approved. The Secretariat will prepare a questionnaire to be distributed to the representatives of the participating countries in the Conference. The Sc calls next meeting in Port Said, Egypt, on October 22nd, 1999, h. 5.30 pm.
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Brussels - June 13, 2003 The Executive Board (Eb) Meeting of Euro-Med TDS took place in Brussels at European Parliament on June 13th, 2003. It was chaired by President Sergio Billè and attended by Vice Presidents: Christos Folias, Mohamed El Masry, Abdallah Zouhir. During the meeting, the Eb approved the following items:
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Brussels - May 4, 2001
The meeting of the Executive Board takes place in Brussels, European Parliament, Vice President Folias’ Office on May 4th 2001.
The main items in the agenda are: the transfer of the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat to the Business Centre of Rome Fair, the French representation in the Board and in Euro-Med TDS, the emed-tds.com project, the Pilot Course on the promotion of external trade in services.
The participants discusses all the above mentioned topics, taking into account the need of guaranteeing more autonomy and capacity to the Secretariat as well as the start up of the projects.
The Executive Board deliberetes the transfer of the Secretariat to the Business Centre of Rome Fair, the admission of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Euro-Med TDS. The participants also reaffirmes a strenghten support to the emed-tds.com project in order to be financed in the framework of Eumedis call for proposals and welcomes the realisation of the Pilot Course on the promotion of external trade in services, approving the programs and giving mandate to the Secretary General as General Co-ordinator of the Course. The course will be dedicated to 16 managers, directors and managment of commerce, tourism and services sectors coming from, Cyprus, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian Authority, Syria. The course, which will be held in Italy and last four weeks, is going to start at the end of September 2001 and finish in the middle of October 2001.
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - July 13, 2000 The second Steering Committee (Sc) meeting of Euro-Med TDS in the 2000 year takes place in Rome on 13 July 2000, immidiately before the Constituent Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS. The meeting, chaired by President Billé, is attended by Mr. Francis Blum, Vice-President of French Trade National Council, Mr. Mohamed El Masry, President of Port Said Chamber of Commerce and Vice-President of Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce, Mr. Christos Folias, President of National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce, Mr. Ruder Friganovic, Director of Trade Department, Croatian Chamber of Economy, Mr. El Hassane Ousslim, Director General of Federation of Moroccan Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Services. President Billé underlines the important decision concerning the transformation of Euro-Med TDS into Association with a legal personality to be voted by the Constituent Assembly. The Sc agrees on the By-laws of the Association to be presented to the Constituent Assembly and on the procedure for approving it to be followed by the Constituent Assembly. As for the European Commission call for proposals, “Eumedis”, the Sc confirms to apply for two projects, emed-tds.com and Esit, Euro-Mediterranean School of Information Technologies.TOP
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Port Said - May 5, 2000 At the eve of the main Euro-Med TDS events of the year, the annual Assembly and the Partnership, the Steering Committee decided to hold a meeting in Port Said, the place chosen to host both the events, on 5 May 2000. The meeting was chaired by President Billé and attended by Mr. El Masry, President of the Port Said Chamber of commerce, Mr. Folias, President of the National Confederation of Hellenic commerce, Mr. Monnoyeur, President of the French Trade National Council, Mr. Zouhir, President of the Moroccan Federation of Chambers of commerce, and Mr. Friganovic, Director of trade department in the Croatian Chamber of economy. Participants discussed the agenda of the 2000 Euro-Med TDS Assembly, the guidelines for the future action of the Euro-Med TDS and the implementation of the projects promoted by the Initiative. Persuaded of the need to give the Euro-Med TDS a legal status and considering that without such status Euro-Med TDS is considerably hampered in its ability to act, the Steering Committee decided to propose to the Assembly the transformation of the Initiative into an association with legal personality. With reference to the realisation of some of the Initiative's projects, participants in the meeting decided to propose to the Assembly to respond to the European Commission’s call for expressions of interest within the framework of the EUMEDIS project with the presentation of two of our projects.TOP
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Rome - December 3, 1999 The fourth Euro-Med TDS Steering Committee (Sc) meeting takes place in Rome on 3 December 1999. The meeting, chaired by President Billé, is attended by Mr. Ruder Friganovic (Croatian Chamber of Economy), Mohamed El Masry (Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce), Christos Folias (National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce), Abdallah Zouhir (Federation of Moroccan Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Services). After having addressed a warmly welcome to the two new members of the Steering Committee, Mr. Zouhir, President of the Federation of Moroccan Chambers of Commerce, and Mr. Monnoyeur, new President of the French National Council of Commerce, President Billé underlines the importance of the decisions to be taken by the Steering Committee for the future of the Initiative. The Secretary General reports on the projects in the agenda.
Euro-Med TDS Executive Board Meeting – Port Said - September 16-17, 1999 The third Steering Committee (Sc) meeting of Euro-Med TDS takes place in Port Said at Port Said Chamber of Commerce, on 16-17 September, 1999. In his opening report Billé draws up an initial balance of Euro-Med TDS from its creation, identifying the weak and strong points of the Initiative. The participants discuss on the implementation of the projects in the agenda.
Activities of the Executive President
San Marino, 8th May 2008:
President Antonio Paoletti met in San Marino with Fiorenzo Stolfi, Secretary of State for Foreign and Political Affairs, Secretary of State for Economic Planning of San Marino and President of Lilliput Club.
The meeting is aiming at preparing a possible initiative for agro industrial Euro-partnership in San Marino. President Paoletti is also meeting Marco Arzilli, President of USC, the San Marino Union of Traders, member of Euro-Med TDS from Paris Assembly, November 2007.
Trieste, 22nd February 2008:
President Antonio Paoletti participated in the seminar « Organisation, Institutions and Techniques of Sea Trade in the Mediterranean from the Antiquity until Modern Growth» organized by Ramses2 and the CISEM (Centro Interdipartimentale di Studi Europei e Mediterranei) of the University of Trieste.
Rome, 16th January 2008:
President Paoletti, along with the Secretary General Troiani, met the Ambassador of Israel in Rome, Ghideon Meir, who was assisted by the Israel Commercial Counsellor Gila Rosiner. The President and Ambassador analyzed the relationship between Euro-Med TDS and Israel, with specific reference to the role the Federation of Israel Chambers of Commerce plays in the Association. It was noted how Euro-Med TDS is contributing to the dialogue among the different business communities of the Mediterranean and the opportunities that the Association offers to the members which are in active dialogue with the Secretariat and with their fellow members.
Activities of the Secretary General
Secretary General Activities for 2011
24 January 2011
The Secretary General met with Gaetano Fausto Esposito, the Secretary General of Assocamerestero, the Association of Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad. The Italian Chambers of Commerce Abroad are associations of Italian and local entrepreneurs and professionals. The organization aims to facilitate the access of Italian companies to their respective markets and promote the establishment of business relations.
The Secretary General met with Mr. Andrea Corvo, President of Zagara e Rais. Zagara e Rais is an organization based in Ispica, Sicily that organizes meetings in the Euro-Mediterranean region. Zagara e Rais is under the patronage of the Italian Ministry of Affairs and the Euro-Mediterranean Foundation, Anna Lindh.
The Secretary General met with José Luis Rhi Sausi, the director of CeSPI (Centro Studi di Politica Internazionale – Center of International Policy Studies) to discuss cooperative efforts between Euro-Med TDS and CeSPI. CeSPI is nonprofit organization that carries out policy oriented research and consultancy on international relations issues.
The Secretary General met with Nour Eddine, a Moroccan singer and musician based in Italy. Nour Eddine visited the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat where he and the Secretary General discussed issues and opportunities of expansion related to folk music in the Mediterranean region.
Meetings with Foreign Officials
In 2011, Secretary General Troiani met with the following foreign officials in Rome, Italy:
Abou Ayoub, Ambassador of Morocco
Ghideon Meir, Ambassador of Israel
Don Luis Calvo Merino, Ambassador of Spain
Hasan Khaddour, Ambassador of Syria
Wael Abdel Raheem, Commercial Attaché, Egypt
Mustafa Cesar, Commercial Attaché of Turkey
Raphaëlle Simeoni, Commercial Attaché of France
The Secretary General 2008 Main Missions and Meetings
Turin, 7th March 2008
The Secretary General participated in the meeting “Europe et Méditerranée. Priorité à l’Economie” organized by the French General Consulate and the Centre of French Culture of Turin in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Turin, which took place in Turin on 7th March 2008.
The speech of the Secretary General was about the opportunity represented by the Mediterranean Area for the development of the European economy.
In fact, tough this area represents a real possibility of growth for the European economy – for its potentialities and for its own growth in economy, commerce and investments - it is yet not completely exploited.
Istanbul, 23rd January 2008
The Secretary General of Euro-Med TDS, Luigi Troiani, visited the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce and met the Vice-President of the Executive Board, Cengiz Ersun. Troiani met also the Director of the Department of Information Technologies and e-Commerce, Özlenen Sezer, and the Director of the Department of European Union and International Cooperation, Senem Çemecioglu.
Troiani and Ersun discussed about: future developments of Euro-Med TDS, launching of the electronic platform emed-B2B.biz, possibilities of increasing the cooperation between the Association and the Chamber.
Rome, 16th January 2008
President Paoletti, together with the Secretary General Troiani, met the Ambassador of Israel in Rome, Ghideon Meir, assisted by the Israel Commercial Counsellor Gila Rosiner. President and Ambassador analyzed the relation between Euro-Med TDS and Israel, with specific reference to the role the Federation of Israel Chambers of Commerce is playing in the Association. It was underlined how Euro-Med TDS is contributing to the dialogue among the different business communities of the Mediterranean and the opportunities the Association offer to the members which are in active dialogue with the Secretariat and with their fellow members.
Brussels, 10th January 2008
The Secretary General was in Brussels, where he met different functionaries of the Commission in order to be acquainted about initiatives and projects of interest for the Association. A special meeting took place with Mr Christian Rambaud, Head of the unit of Common Organization of Markets and Trade in the Directorate-General for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs. Rambaud informed the Secretary General that the Commission is going to create Regional Directorate for fisheries, including the Directorate for the Mediterranean. The new situation will significantly increase the possibilities of EFI, the Euro-Mediterranean Fisheries Initiative, for co-operation with the European Commission, in the interest of the fisheries business community represented in Euro-Med TDS.
Rome, 8th January 2008
The Secretary General met the President of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Italian House of Deputies, On. Umberto Ranieri. Ranieri showed a deep interest in the activities carried on by Euro-Med TDS. He also guaranteed the institutional support of the House for future initiatives, including the Decennial Conference deliberated by the Association General Assembly. The staff of the President working on the Mediterranean region will soon pay a visit to the Secretariat.
The Secretary General 2007 Main Missions and Meetings
Delphi, (Greece) 24th November 2007- Conference “Greek Commerce: from today to the next day”
The Secretary General spoke about “Development potentials of the new economic area – South-East Europe chances exploitation – Middle East” during the Conference.
Lecce, (Italy), 10th November 2007
Agriculture, Mediterranean Area and climate changes.
The Secretary General made a speech during the seminar about “Agriculture, Mediterranean Area and climate changes”.
Ragusa, (Italy), 13th April 2007 - Conference attended by the Secretary General
The Secretary General participated as a main Speaker to the conference on SME, “Empowerment programme", held in Ragusa (Sicily), on 13th April 2007. The Conference is part of the project financed by the EU, whose purpose is to form instruments at the competitive level of the enterprises, in order to favour competitive and attractive local systems.
In his speech the Secretary General underlined the role that Euro-Med TDS plays in the Mediterranean region to foster competitive factors and enlarge opportunities for cooperation and trade among the SMEs.
The meeting was a good opportunity for enlarging the presence of the Association in Sicily and establishing institutional relations with the local Chamber of Commerce and Business organizations.
The Secretary General visited the European Commission.
The Secretary General visited the Directorate of Fisheries and Mediterranean Affairs of the European Commission, to reinforce the excellent relationships with the European Institutions. The main topics covered at the Meeting were the Conferences, the first of which will be held in Seville (Spain) "Ethical Trading and Sustainable Fishing in the Mediterranean Area" and the Euro-Mediterranean Conference that will be held in Rome in November entitled "The challenge of the development in the Mediterranean Area: the role of the service industry".
The Secretary General also took the opportunity to reaffirm the Neighbourhood Policy in the Mediterranean Area.
Barcelona/Paris, (Spain/France), 30th January 1st February 2007
The Vice President of Euro-Med TDS, Mr. Antonio Paoletti, and the Secretary General gathered with the President of Spanish Confederation of the Dealers, Mr. P. Llorens I Lorente and Mr. Javier Coll, in charge of International Project, to discuss the present situation of Euro-Med TDS, the financial matter and the proposal done at last Executive Board of December. The Spanish Confederation of Commerce confirmed its full backing to the managerial group of Euro-Med TDS also in view of the next General Assembly of the Association.
The Secretary General 2006 Main Missions and Meetings
Athens, Greece, 6th November 2006
From 6th to 8th November 2006, the Oecd and Apec, organized in Athens the conference on "Removing Barriers To SME Access to International Markets"
The Secretary General of Euro-Med TDS was invited to participate being discussant in the Session: “Helping SMEs to Overcome Internal Barriers: Government Policies and Private Sector Initiatives”. He took advantage from this opportunity to promote Euro-Med TDS activities among the attendants.
Rome, Italy, 22nd June 2006
“On the 22nd of June 2006, the President of Confcommercio, Carlo Sangalli, informed the Secretary General with official letter that on the basis of art. 4 of the Euro-Med TDS by-laws, he named Mr. Antonio Paoletti, as his representative in the Executive Board. Mr. Paoletti, among other things, is President of the Confcommercio Council Committee for the Internationalisation, President of the Trieste Traders Association and President of the Trieste Chamber of Commerce.
The Secretary General congratulated with Mr. Paoletti for his nomination. In the following days, they met and examined how Confcommercio will continue to contribute to Euro-Med TDS activities in the coming future."
Alexandria, Egypt, 10th - 13th June 2006
The Secretary General, together with Euro-Med TDS delegation participated at the FINAL EUMEDIS CONFERENCE: “Closing the digital gap in the Mediterranean region”.
Invited by the European Commission, the Secretary General expressed his position and ideas at the workshop 4 dedicated to “Partnership with Private Investors: opportunities for EUMEDIS partners”. Link:
Firenze,Italy, 15th April 2006
The Euro- Med TDS Secretary General met the President of ANIBO (Associazione Nazionale Italiana Buying Offices), Vasco Paladini. ANIBO President, during the meeting, expressed his willing of providing with a server connected to B2B Agrifood electronic platform.
Trieste, Italy, 24th March 2006
The Euro-Med TDS Secretary General is going to have a collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce of Trieste, in order to carry on the association initiatives also in the Adriatic area.
Cairo, 6th – 7th February 2006.
The Secretary General, took part to the EUMEDIS Conference "Closing the digital gap in the Mediterranean Region". The Euro- Med TDS Secretary General displayed a P.P Presentation, "3 ICONS for 1 SUCCESS", to the Assembly, concerning the Euro-Med TDS on line trade product: B2B Agrifood E-platform.
The Secretary General 2005 Main Missions and Meetings
Rome, 16th December 2005
The Second Session of the "emed-tds.com Consortium's Legal Representatives Conference", took place on the 16th of December, in Rome, chaired by Euro-Med TDS Secretary General, Luigi Troiani, as President of the Conference. On that occasion, the following documents were presented: Draft by-laws, Eumed Tradenet s.r.l Licensing Agreement (Final Draft), Budget for one experimental year. Furthermore, the Conference dealt with the Wise Persons Committee proposal of setting up an ad hoc company to run the Project.
Marsala, Italy, 18th -19th November
The Secretary General took part to the third edition of the Conference “Marsala: Bridge on the Mediterranean Sea” dedicated to “Innovative Financial Instruments for the sustainable development”. The Conference was organised by Euro-Med TDS Initiative, the Italian Association “Mediterraneo Insieme Onlus” and the Marsala town, under the patronage of the United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe, U.N R.I.C, the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The European Commission Delegation in Italy, the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, the Ministry of the Interior, the Chamber of Commerce of Trapani, and the Libera Università Umanitaria Euromediterranea. During the Conference the Secretary General presented the Report on the “Sustainable development in the Mediterranean area: alternative financial instruments”.
Rome, Italy, 22nd July 2005
The Secretary General took part at the meeting for the final review of the Emed-tds.com project. Participants were Marino Saksida and Michelle Lucey as coordinating committee of the project, and Francesco Badioli, Annegrete Lausten and Claus Hovelt as Eumedis Programme European Commission delegates. At the end of the meeting, Mr Badioli, team leader of the delegation, announced that in June 2006 there will be in Cairo, the Final Conference to evaluate the projects co-financed by European Commission Eumedis initiative.
Trieste, Italy 14th July 2005
The Secretary General met the President of Trieste Chamber of Commerce, Antonio Paoletti. The meeting was organized to develop a collaboration between Euro-Med TDS Secretariat and the Chamber of Commerce, aimed at increasing the activities on the Balkan area. During the meeting it was presented the euromedb2b.biz e-commerce platform.
Madrid, Spain 29th June 2005
The Secretary General was invited to participate at the Commerce Day held by the Spanish Confederation of Commerce. During the meeting the Emedb2b.biz project was presented.
Tunis, Tunisia 27th -28th June 2005
The emed-tds.com project held its final Management and Technical Board meeting. The issues on the agenda included the final status of partners online in the pilot network; partners trained in the product and promotion training; dissemination material produced by the partners; the marketing plans for the RIP. The question related to pricing polices of the product was also discussed.
Oporto, Portugal 19th -20th June 2005
The Secretary General took part at the Workshop to present the Platform of Emedb2b.biz. He met the President of the Portuguese Confederation of Commerce and Services, Laura Rodriguez.
Rome, Italy, 7th June 2005
The Euro-Med TDS Executive Board meeting took place in Rome, on June 7th. It started after the International emed-tds.com presentation Conference, which was held in the morning.
The main issues debated were: the future destination of the emed-tds platform, the progresses and expected developments of the Fisheries Cooperation project, and the new projects Euro-Med TDS is planning to undertake.
Rome, Italy, 7th June 2005
The Secretariat of Euromed TDS, in collaboration with Confcommercio organised the International Conference “Developing the Mediterranean: A strategic Opportunity for Enterprises”. The main aim of the International Conference was to launch the emed-b2b.biz project’s results. The participants come from all the sections of the Agrifood industry, government departments, the Italian Ministry of the Agriculture, the press and the partners.
The product was well received by the participants, a number of which indicated their willingness to add it to their current e-business practice as soon as it became available operationally.
Rome, Italy, 7th June 2005
Euro-Med TDS.com Consortium’s Legal Representatives Conference. During the Conference, that dealt with the use of the product emed-b2b.biz, the Secretary General Luigi Troiani was elected as a President of the Conference. The Rome Conference of June 8th is considered to be the first session of the “emed-tds.com Consortium’s Legal Representatives Conference”.
Valletta, Malta 28th May 2005
The Secretary General met the President of Malta Chamber of Commerce and Enterprises to discuss the possibility of a collaboration with Euro-Med, in order to launch the Emedb2b.biz project.
Rome, Italy 19th May 2005
Meeting at the Jordan Embassy to expose the meeting with the European Community in Jordan.
Milano, Italy 13th May 2005
The Secretary General met the President of Serbian Chamber of Commerce, Slobodan Milosavljevic, to discuss the possibility to extend the Emedb2b.biz project to the Balkan area.
Rome, Italy 12th May 2005
Meeting at the Tunisian Embassy to present and to launch the Emedb2b.biz project.
Tel-Aviv, Jerusalem 7th -8th May 2005
The Secretary General met the President of Euro-Palestinian Chamber of Commerce, Hanna Siniora, the Federation of Israeli Chamber of Commerce and the ICE local office, to discuss about the Emedb2b.biz project.
Barcellona, Spain 23rd April 2005
Meeting with local entrepreneurs for the presentation of emedb2b.biz project.
Jordan 15th - 18th April 2005
The Secretary General took part at the EU Conference in Dead Sea. The emed-b2b.biz product was presented. He took the occasion to meet the Executive Director of the Federation of Israeli Chamber of Commerce, Joseph Shostak and the Director of International Trade Relations division, Devorah Fuchs.
Rabat/Tangeri/Rabat, Morocco 10th April 2005
The Secretary General met the Moroccan Partners for the presentation of the EuMeSSE Project.
Malaga, Spain 4th April 2005
The Secretary General is in Malaga in order to present the Emedb2b.biz. project.
Lisbon, Portugal 6th January 2005
Luigi Troiani is in Lisbon in order to promote the emed-TDS.com project in Portugal. He took the occasion to meet the Vice president Portuguese Confederation of Commerce and Services.
Cairo, Egypt 5th January 2005
The Secretary General met the General Ministry of Agriculture and his team to face and solve problems related to the emed-TDS.com project.
The Secretary General 2002 Main Missions and MeetingsEuromed TDS Secretary General Luigi Troiani took part in the Workshop de apresentaçao da Plataforma de Commercio Electronico held in Porto on 19th June, 2005. His speech referred to objectives and recipients of the service.
The Mission of Secretary General in CairoThe Secretary General Luigi Troiani met Mr. Khaled Abou Ismael, the President of the Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce, in Cairo on September 29-30, 2003. They discussed the present economic situation in the country and the possibilities of developing a multilateral economic relationship. They also talked about the up-coming Assembly of Euro-Med TDS and other activities being carried out by the Secretariat. The President renewed his hope that Euro-Med TDS could always increase its opportunities in favour of its members, concentrating itself particularly on the emed-tds.com project.
The Secretary General 2002 Main Missions and Meetings
Brussels, March 1st, 2002
Following the invitation by European Commission Officers, the Secretary General is in Brussels on March 1st 2002 at the European Commission premises in order to start the negotiation process related to the emed-tds.com project, which was submitted by Euro-Med TDS to the European Commission for financing in the frame of Eumedis call for Proposal.
The Secretary General and the project manager of emed-tds.com have a fruitful meeting with Mr.Isidro Laso, Scientific Officer on Electronic Commerce at the DG Information Society – European Commission concerning the next steps to be accomplished in the negotiation process.
Mission in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt from February 8th to February 13th, 2002
The Secretary General is in Middle East in order to select the participants in the pilot course on the promotion of foreign trade in services to be held in Italy from March 4th to March 28th, 2002. The course is dedicated to 16 managers, directors and management of commerce, tourism and services sectors coming from Cyprus, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian Authority and Syria. In Beirut the Secretary General met Mr. Robert Debbas, Vice President of the Lebanese Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Mr. Walid Naja Director General of the Beirut Chamber of Commerce. At Damascus the Secretary General met Mr. Rateb Shallah, President of Syrian Chambers of Commerce. In Amman the Secretary General had a fruitful meeting with Mr. Amin Husseini, Secretary General of the Federation of Jordanian Chambers of Commerce, concerning the participation of the Jordanian Federation in the activities of Euro-Med TDS. In Cairo the Secretary General meets Mr. Mohamed El Masry, Vice President of the Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce and Executive Board Member of Euro-Med TDS.
Rome, February 22nd, 2002
The Secretary General partecipates in a preparatory meeting at the DG Trade Policies Ministry for Productive Activities in Rome, in view of the next Euro-Mediterranean Ministerial Meeting on Trade, to be held in Toledo (Spain) March 18th and 19th 2002. Qualified representatives of important institutions and business Associations partecipate in the meeting. During the meeting, the Secretary General has the opportunity to illustrate the activities and projects of Euro-Med TDS, which are totally dedicated to the development of Trade and Services in that area.
Messina, January 16th, 2002
The Secretary General participates in the inauguration ceremony of the Euro-Med TDS Secretariat Office in Messina. The authorities at the ceremony are the Mayor of Messina, Salvatore Leonardi, the vice minister for Productive Activities, Adolfo Urso, the Egyptian Ambassador in Italy, Abdel Latif and the President of Euro-Med TDS, Sergio Billé. The opening of the Office in Messina aims to increase the co-operation and the relationships between the two shores of the Mediterranean, in order for the economic operators to take advantage from this opportunity (please see Euro-Med TDS News no 2/2002)
The Secretary General 2001 Main Missions and meetings
December 17th, Rome
The Secretary General participated in Rome in a preparatory meeting at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affair in view of the Italian-Spanish meeting on the Mediterranean aimed at giving a political impulse to the Barcelona Process and proposing economic, educational and cultural initiatives in favour of the Mediterranean Region. At the meeting partecipate qualified representatives of economic, entrepreneurial, scientific and cultural sectors.
October 25th, Bled (Slovenia)
The Secretary General participated in the annual "Regional Business Meeting Point" in Bled, Slovenia. The highest governmental, comemrcial and academic authorities of Central and Eastern European countries met here. This year the Forum was focused on "Regional challenges of globalisation". The participants discussed on "Regional Changes and globalisation", "European expansion and co-operation in the Balkan region", "Pan-European corridor for transport: from ideas to its realisation". During the event the Secretary General starts useful contacts for possibility of co-operation with governmental representatives as well as with the entrepreneurial system associations of the countries participating in the meeting.
February 8th, 2001 Rome
The Secretary General meets the Ambassador of Jordan in Italy, H. E. Omar Rifai, in order to discuss the possibility of a participation of a Jordan business Association on trade, distribution and services to the activities and projects of Euro-Med TDS. The Ambassador appreciates the job done in the framework of Euro-Med TDS, and will discuss about the Association with authorities of the Jordan government and business community.
January 10th and 11th, 2001, Rome
Assisted by the Secretariat, the restricted working groups of “emed-tds.com” (Euro-Mediterranean network for business) and “Esit” (Euro-Mediterranean School of Information Technologies) projects take place.
Representatives of Euro-Med TDS Initiative and authorities linked to the Eumedis national Focal points take part in the meetings. The participants analyse the projects, discussing with the experts who are elaborating them.The two projects will be submitted to the European Commission in the framework of “Eumedis” call for proposal.TOP
The Secretary General's 2000 main missions and meetings
December, 15th, Brussels
The Secretary General participates in a series of meetings. He meets at the European Commission Mr. Bosco, Directorate General for Enterprise and Information Society – Information Society Technologies for the Mediterranean, in order to present the working progress of emed-tds.com and to ask a series of questions related to the submission of the above mentioned project to the “Eumedis” call for proposal. Mr. Bosco appreciates the ET project and replies to all the questions, giving some advice to be followed. The Secretary General also meets Mr. Abruzzini, Secretary General of Eurochambres. It is confirmed the good atmosphere of cooperation between Eurochambres and Euro-Med TDS. The Secretary General invites Euro-Med TDS to refer about its projects and activities to the Cairo Archimede Conference, January 22-23, 2001.
December, 14th, Strasbourg
Assisted by the Secretariat, Mr. Christos Folias, Executive Board member and President of National Confederation of Hellenic Commerce meets Commissioner Patten. Mr. Folias, who is also President of the Intergroup Trade and Distribution at the European Parliament, illustrates the activities and the projects of Euro-Med TDS. Commissioner Patten is positivily impressed, declaring his interest for Euro-Med TDS and his readiness to meet the Executive Board members.
July, 13th, Rome
At the occasion of the Constituent Assembly of the Association Euro-Med TDS, the Secretary General meets the delegations of the member organisations participating in the Assembly to discuss the progress of the activities and projects of Euro-Med TDS and to recommend an active engagement in the Association. All the delegations confirm to be ready to strengthen their co-operation with the Secretariat in order to assure the success of Euro-Med TDS.
June, 9th , Damascus
Following the invitation of the Federation of Syrian Chambers of Commerce to the Steering Committee and the Secretariat, Mr. Mohamed El Masry, Steering Committee member and Vice-President of the Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce, and the Secretary General meet in Damascus Mr. Abdul Rahman Attar, Secretary General of the Federation of Syrian Chambers of Commerce and a delegation of the Federation. During the meeting the Secretary General illustrates the current activities and the two major projects of Euro-Med TDS, emed-tds.com (Euro-Mediterranean Network for Business) and Esit (Euro-Mediterranean School of Information Technologies), which will be presented to the European Commission for funding. Mr. El Masry wishes, on behalf of the Steering Committee, an active engagement of the Federation of Syrian Chambers of Commerce in the projects and activities of Euro-Med TDS.
May, 12nd-13rd, Tunis
The Secretary General takes part in the 4th Euro-Mediterranean Summit on “The Euro-Mediterranean free trade zone: a challenge for business companies” organized by the Tunisian Union of Commerce, Industry and Handicraft (Utica) and the Tunisian Ministry of Industry with the patronage of the European Commission. Subject of the Summit are the establishment of a Euro-Mediterranean free trade zone and the strengthening of the Euro-Mediterrean partnership.The Secretary General meets foreign delegation and discusses the activities and projects of Euro-Med TDS. He has also a bilateral shop with the President of Utica, Dr. Hédi Djilani, for reviewing current activities of Euro-Med TDS.
April, 11th, Brussels
The Secretary General is invited to meet Mr. Laurent, European Commission, Directorate General for External Relations, Head of Directorate F/1 Horizontal matters - Middle East, South Mediterranean in Brussels. During the meeting the Secretary General illustrates aims and projects of Euro-Med TDS. Mr. Laurent shows a great interest in the Initiative, appreciating, in particular, the Euro-Med TDS projects. TOP